Friday, March 7, 2008

My baby is growing up



Keegan has been throwing himself over his crib lately, so we decided it was time to do a big boy bed. We took the front off of his crib, and turned it into a daybed. He was quite excited during this process, little did he know what this meant. At 8:30 I told him it was time to go "nigh, nigh", he ran into his room and jumped into bed, cuddled up with his blankie, and boz bear, and waved at me and said "nigh, nigh". I thought, Wow! this is going to be a peice of cake. Boy, was I wrong! Finally, at 10:30 after many scoldings, he was peacefully asleep in his big boy bed. I was quite proud, until about 12:30a.m. I laid awake and remembered the first time I laid him in his crib when he came home from the hospital. It hit me, he's not a baby anymore, my baby is growing up. This is what it's all about though, right? Helping him grow up into a diciplined boy, even when all I want to do is keep him a baby
.

6 comments:

Lanee M. said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! So glad you ventured in. :) Wasn't it easy? I too enjoyed our meeting at Ministerial and would LOVE to meet up sometime - we're really not that far from each other.
Contact me through email and I'll give you all my contact info.
Pamperedmom2001@aol.com
Lanee'

Unknown said...

Aww, he's such a cutie!

Ruth and boys said...

YES! Of course I remember you! How are you all. I heard you had moved to Indiana. Keegan is soo big....I can't believe it!!!

I am so glad you came across my blog and dropped a line. I also have a myspace with more pics of the boys. myspace.com/ruthgerard.
THe boys are enjoying school even Easton. He goes to preschool where I work part time.

Keegan is too cute!!!!

Well I'm off to a stamping part with some girls at work.

I will check back in later :)

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Hi thanks for your comment on my blog. Your little boy is a cutie. I know what you mean, they grow up WAY too fast!!! Its only been 4 months and I feel like she has grown and changed soooo much.

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's Mom
I love your blog thing! I could really get into this myself but toooooooo many kids! Maybe someday! I agree with everyone else,I have the cutest grandson in the world! I am so proud of you! Your a GREAT mommy!