I'm the last one up tonight.. enjoying the quiet, but as I was making my rounds in the house picking up scattered toys, our stockings caught my eye. My breath caught in my throat... and I took a moment just to sit down and stare at these four stockings. I feel so privilaged to be the momma of such a special little boy, and such a precious baby girl. I've been blessed with a wonderful man that exceeds all my silly childhood dreams. I may not have the latest gadgets, or the best vehicles, or closets full of the trendiest clothes... but I am rich. My heart is full of praise to my maker and giver of all these things... Thank you, Jesus!
I decided it was high time for a family portrait... little did I know how stressful of a thing this would be! I went to literally EVERY shopping store in the city of Columbus & finally found a shirt in the right shade of blue for Keegan at the LAST place I went..... Then came home to find out that Chip had accidentally shaved off one of his sideburns (not sure how one can do this, but he did)... My normally very laid back baby girl decided to scream & scream & scream & scream while I was trying to get everyone ready. We finally were out the door and on our way with my nerves barely in tact. We arrived and preceded to spend the next hour practically standing on our heads, frantically yelling out "SAY CHEESE" to Keegan. At one point he finally burst into tears while still saying "cheese"... All the while making sure that Chip was turned at the right angle so that you couldn't see his "missing" sideburn! But when it was all said and done Jenny did a GREAT job, and the experience was totally worth it!
So it seems I've let myself get a little behind on my blogging... having a new little one around will do that to ya :) Here is little bit of what our month of July was like.....
Keegan and Saige are the best of buddies! He absolutely ADORES her!
Please excuse the breakfast on Keegan's chin... going to get a rag would've totally ruined the moment. :)
I'm just lovin' this BUMBO seat! Not only does she look adorable in it.. it's SO convenient!
She smiles! Didn't this picture just make your day! Chip and I will make the goofiest noises and faces for a whole 10 minutes just to see one of these priceless smiles!
My beautiful girl has struggled with a very ugly rash! It's slowly getting better.. but Mommy does NOT like it!
We made a trip to Louisiana for Bennett and Jennifer's wedding, and afterwards stopped by New Orleans... definitely an interesting place to visit!
Keegan was so excited to go on the swamp tour and see the "Madigators"
And there it is! The scary "Madigator"
This is what Saige did pretty much the entire trip... She did great!
We took a trip to the Indy Zoo.. fun stuff!
Keegan, for some odd reason has developed a fear of bears. For weeks now he has become convinced that a shadow on the wall in his room is a bear. So we usually spend the latter part of each evening trying to convince Keegan that there are "no bears in our house" So, needless to say, we had no idea how he was going to react to seeing a real bear. As you can see in this picture he was a little aprehensive at first, but eventally he LOVED them... he kept wanting to go back and see them again. So now at bedtime we just tell him that all the bears are at the zoo, so he has no worries :)
The seals just tickled him sily!
The "Podar Bear" was by far Keegan's favorite! So this is July in a nutshell... it's been busy, but OH.SO.MUCH.FUN !!
Two weeks ago, on June 17 at 5:10 a.m., my long awaited beautiful baby girl, Saige Bristol, decided to introduce herself. 7lbs & 5oz. of pure sweetness!
All it took was just one glance and all my worries about not being able to love another as much as Keegan just melted away!
So now I'm a mommy of two! I may not have a list of great accomplishments that follow my name.. but being "mommy" to Keegan and Saige is enough for me! I feel so extremely blessed that God has trusted these two little lives in my care.
Mommy and Saige are quickly becoming best friends.
Daddy and his kiddo's on Father's Day! He's such a GREAT Daddy!
Keegan just LOVES her! He is taking his job as "Big Brother" very seriously.
All dressed up for church... her first Sunday was Father's day.
1. I'm Apparently Not Very "Hormonal" You always hear about the constant crying of a pregnant woman. I keep waiting for this "river of tears" to make an appearance... but it's just not there... and doesn't seem to be coming. Instead... I find myself laughing about EVERYTHING! And that Bouncy Belly Laugh that I now possess makes me laugh even harder!
2. My Belly Has AMAZING stretching capabilities As you can see from pictures in previous posts, my belly has grown to unbelievable heights unknown to most bellies! Yet.. somehow has managed to do this without a single stretch mark. This Blows My Mind!I just hope it also has an amazing capability of shrinking!
3. I still "LOVE" being pregant... well.. sort of, anyway After having Keegan, I was one of those strange women who walked around saying they just "LOVED" being pregant. Well.... this pregancy has changed my mind... just a little. I still do... minus month 8 & 9
4. I can be sad & unbelievably excited and happy at the same time I'm not sure if this makes sense... I find myself almost sad that phase in our life is almost over. Never again will it just be "Mommy, Daddy & Keegan" But then at the same time I am so excited about this little 4th addition to our family. Although it seems impossible right now to love anyone else as much as I love my Keegeroos.... I just know that at first glance my heart will have just as much of a "stretching capability" as this belly of mine :)
5. I'm not quite as patient as I always thought I was! I don't really have much to say about this, except.... this baby seems to be taking FOREVER!!!!!
I woke up this morning at 5:30 (I had to pee.. of course!) But when I tried to go back to sleep I couldn't. I had a thousand thoughts running through my head..... so I finally just got up and started looking through some pictures. The picture above is when Chip and I first started dating. We were so happy, you rarely found us apart. Then just over a year after this picture we were married...
On our honeymoon I remember thinking that it just doesn't get any better than this... that I had reached the happiest point of my life.. that my heart could not possibly hold anymore love than what it did at this moment. God had given me a BEST friend to spend the rest of my life with...
But then two and half years later God gave me the other love of my life... I remember the nurses handing me this perfect little bundle.. and not actually being able to believe he was actually mine! He was perfect in every way. And even though I had once thought that I could not possibly love anymore... I fell hopelessly in love with my Keegeroos.
Nothing can light my day like his smile, or make me laugh even when I don't feel like laughing
He is my favorite shopping buddy...my favorite person to do absolutely nothing with. I look forward to his snuggles.. to his "wuv you's"
My baby is three years old today. I have to be honest... a part of me wants to freeze him right here..... right in this moment. I want to keep him just like this forever
But then another part of me can't wait to see him grow.. because I just know the world will be a better place with him in it. I can't wait to see what he can accomplish. I can tell he is capable of great things!
I feel so thankful today that God has given me this special little boy. He has shown me such unconditional love! I have been blessed more than I ever thought possible.. not only with the perfect man for me... but also this perfect little boy!
He's given us the best three years of our lives.. and I know it's only going to get better!