Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Lesson On Pouting

There has been a specific thing that I have been praying about lately. It really is just a small thing, but important to me nevertheless. I really have not had any answers and was sort of getting the feeling that God was ignoring me (ever felt like that?) Anyway, I was getting a little pouty about the whole thing, when the telephone rang. It was a friend that I just recently met since moving here. One of the first things she asked was if Keegan had slept in the morning before. Confused, I answered that as a matter of fact he had until around 9:00 (which is very rare for him, he is a very early riser). She continued to tell me that she was thinking about me and realized that Chip and I were tired from staying up very late because of his party, so she prayed that Keegan would sleep in so that we could catch a couple of hours of extra sleep. At that moment God spoke to my heart. He reminded me that although our prayers might not be answered when and how we want, He still answers them. My faith was renewed! Sleeping in is such a small, minute thing, a thing that you would think God wouldn't have time to care about. But He cares about those small, insignificant things! With all my many faults and imperfections, the great, Almighty God still loves me! I'm going to keep on praying, and no more pouting! .

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ouch... what a great reminder...I needed to hear that too!!! I am so guilty of being impatient with God.

Unknown said...

Glad you got some extra sleep...perhaps in a few months you could pray for me! :)
Our little human minds sometimes forget that, "God is in Control!" Gotta just let Him do it. It always turns out better, but what a hard thing to do sometimes.