Monday, May 12, 2008

Here's To Mom


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

Here's to my mom. When doctors said that delivery of a normal baby would be impossible and abortion would be the only way, mom refused to give up and found a doctor that would deliver. She was strong even in the midst of negativity all around her. I still remember mom working with me, a little 5 year old girl with a bad speech impairment, and ears that just didn't work like they were supposed to. She called them my "special ears."


She spent endless hours teaching me to say and form my words. She also taught me to sing, because she knew how badly I wanted to. Most importantly she taught me about Jesus. Her life was always an example of God's love.

Even now, I would consider mom my best friend. The one I can talk to about anything, the one who always understands me. I know she's always my biggest fan, my biggest supporter, my biggest prayer warrior.

Thanks mom. It seems like such a simple thing to say, but its all I can say. Thank you!

6 comments:

Kristina Clemens said...

Gotta love our fab moms! This was so sweet. Just like you. Kristina

My Life in Pictures said...

awww, what a nice mother's day gift for your mom. I wish I would have thought of something half as nice. By the way, Keegan is adorable. Great pics. :-)

Marcus and Julie said...

Hey Nicole! Wow I was so glad to find your blog. It has been four years since I have seen you. Can you believe that we have been married that long? I can't!!
Keegan is adorable and looks just like Chip!! I wish that we could see ya'll again. Maybe someday.
Take care and tell Chip I said hi.
Julie

Anonymous said...

What a mothers day gift! Ditto! There is always 2 sides. I will never forget the way you make me laugh, even as an infant. Always our sunshine! As u grew, it only got better! As a teen u pulled my string constantly! Meeting u for lunch, being pulled out of bed at 2am to go to Walmart."It will be fun"! It ALL has been! The very moment I learned of ur begining to now. I wouldn't change a thing! I miss u everyday, but knowing ur in God's will makes it worth more than the distance hurts! Also giving me the greatest little boy as my first grandson is amazingly just like God! I am so blest to be ur mom!

southernsweetie99 said...

I love your mom too! She's awesome! Just reading this made me miss all you guys so much!!!

Maggie said...

I really enjoyed your post and the pics of your family and sis.